Transmission X-ray people screening system
- Detects contraband and threat objects concealed internally or externally on the body including weapons, explosives, narcotics etc.
- High throughput – scan time less than 7 seconds
- Complete head to toe inspection even if shoes are worn
- Very low dose rates
The B-SCAN series provides a security solution for people screening, enabling the detection of objects and threats concealed internally or externally on the body. B-SCAN helps to reduce the smuggling of drugs, guns, knives, cell phones and other contraband. B-SCAN utilizes fixed components, resulting in a reliable and easy to maintain system, with low lifetime of ownership costs.
There are currently more than 250 B-SCAN systems deployed around the world, in a variety of applications, such as prisons, airports and customs checkpoints. Other applications include mines and refineries, helping to reduce incidents of diamond, gem and precious metal thefts amongst employees.
B-SCAN is available in four models types, for varying scanning applications:
- 16HR-LD 100 – Our lowest dose system, operating at 0.1µSv per inspection. Optimised or general use applications such as inmate screening for contraband and meets ANSI /HPS N43.17-2009 guidelines for general use.
- 16HR-LD 250 – Designedfor general use applications and operates at a dose rate of <0.25µSv / inspection.
- 16HR-DV–This dual-view system operates at 4.5µSv / inspection, delivering a hgh resolution torso image and is best suited to limited use applications such as customs drug detection.
- 16HR-FB –Provides a full-body X-ray image, in excellent quality at 2.0µSv per inspection. Intended for limited use application.
All models have been independently verified to meet the ANSI guidelines
Click here, to see a short video showing how the B-SCAN is used to combat drug smugglers at El Dorado International Airport in Bogota, Colombia.
SIM – provides the capability to control annual screening limits and store images and data for future reference & comparison.