Transmission X-ray people screening system
- Detects objects concealed internally or externally on the body
- Contraband and threat detection including weapons, explosives, narcotics etc.
- High throughput – scan time less than 7 seconds
- Complete head to toe inspection even if shoes are worn
- Very low radiation dose <0.1 μSv/scan
Smiths Detection’s B-SCAN series offers a leading edge security solution to people screening. B-SCAN uses fixed X-ray components resulting in an uncomplicated, easily maintained reliable mechanical construction with a low cost of ownership during its lifetime.
Smiths Detection currently has more than 200 B-SCAN systems deployed around the world in a variety of applications such as prisons, airports and customs checkpoints. They are also being used in mines and refineries to stop employee theft of diamonds, gems and precious metals.
Click here, to see a short video showing how the B-SCAN is used to combat drug smugglers at El Dorado International Airport in Bogota, Colombia.
|Material detected includes||Metal, ceramic, plastics, powders, explosives, narcotics etc.|
|Detection capability||Objects hidden internal and external on the body|
|Type of scan||Full Body Scan in one inspection pass|
|Primary function||Screen people for contraband and threats|
|Technology||Low dose transmission x-ray inspection of persons|
|Dose per inspection||0.1 µSv (<0.01 mRem)*|
|Model nos:||16HR-LD 100|